Greetings for the 2018-2019 school year!!
It is sure to be an excellent year at Nipomo Elementary!
- We have many new additions to our school site. Let's start with the staff. In addition to all of our amazing returning staff, Ms. Shadiah Shweiky joins our fifth-grade team of teachers. Ms. Shweiky was a Literacy Support Teacher, last year on our campus. We also welcome Miss Kelcie Pecyna who is teaching our 4-6th SDC. We are happy to also welcome Ms. Kim Youngblood as our 4th and 5th grade Music teacher. We are thrilled that returning to our site is our school psychologist, DeeDee Kates.
- We are rolling out our new Positive Behavior Support and Interventions (PBIS). This will add even more positivity to our great campus by focusing on all of the appropriate positive behaviors that we observe each and every day. You will learn how you can support PBIS at home on Back to School Night, on August 30th.
- Another item to be excited about - our BEAUTIFUL, NEW PLAYGROUND SURFACE!! Crews worked all summer to tear out our old, eroding playground and replaced it with wonderful, smooth asphalt. This new playground really does give our aged school a nice facelift.
- Our outdoor eating area has permanent shade structures and a new drinking fountain! We like to eat outside as often as possible and the new structures will really be helpful to keep the sun off of students while they eat.
- Speaking of lunch, we are a Provision 2 school, this year. This means that all of our students will receive free breakfasts and lunches. filling out the application for free and reduced lunch is still mandatory, this year. Classrooms are having contests to see which class gets their applications in first! Please submit those online or have your student turn it in at school. You should have received an application through the mail, this summer. Otherwise, they are available online or in the school office. Breakfasts will be served in the classroom, this year. No more rushing to get to the cafeteria early in the morning. You will learn more about Breakfast After the Bell at Back to School Night.
- It is our privilege to be your partners in your child's education. Our dedicated staff devote so much time to planning lessons and caring for your children. You will learn how both sides of the partnership are SO important at Back to School Night on 8/30.
- Classrooms and schools of today are very different than they were when you were growing up. Students collaborate, use higher level thinking and inquiry, not to mention technology Our staff has weekly Professional Development on our Late Start Mondays to keep up with research-based strategies to best teach our students. It is our goal to prepare them to be human beings of excellent character and to give them the foundation they need to go on to Middle School and High School and then on to college/tech school and career.
IT'S A GREAT TIME TO BE A TIGER!!
Please like us on Facebook: Nipomo Elementary School